Before beginning an application, please review the Foundation's Grant-making Guidelines and Application Process and Deadlines, as well as the full instructions below. Contact Foundation staff if you would like to discuss a proposed project or have any questions about the application process.
Create Account/New Application
If your organization is new to the online system, click the Create Account button below. You will be prompted to enter an e-mail address and password for your organization's account. An automated e-mail will be sent to you with your account password. After creating an account, the system sends you to a new application. Each organization should create only one account in order to maintain a history of all applications submitted to the Sam L. Cohen Foundation. Be sure to monitor the account e-mail, as it will be used for all notifications from the Foundation.
If your organization already has an account, click the Letter of Inquiry button below to start the application process. You will be prompted to enter the e-mail and password for your organization's account. There is an option for accessing a forgotten password.
You will be prompted to enter your Tax ID. The first page to appear for a new application is the Eligibility Screening. Please answer the questions to confirm you are eligible to apply to the Foundation and to move on to the next step.
The Initial Inquiry requests brief information in three areas: organization, contact, and project/request. After you submit the online form, the Foundation will contact you about the status of your inquiry.
If you are invited to submit a Full Application, you will receive information about how to return to your account to select the Full Application link. Information that you provided in the Initial Inquiry will be pre-loaded into the application. Please contact the Foundation if you wish to make changes to the request amount or the nature of the project at this stage. The Full Application includes additional questions (in bold) related to the organization and project/request. It also requires that you upload documents such as your organization's budget. You may preview the full application template by viewing this pdf. Initial Inquiries and Full Applications, however, will only be accepted through the online system.
Accessing your Account
The link below gives you access to the record of all draft applications and submissions to the Sam L. Cohen Foundation. This link cannot be used to start a new application.
Additional Information about the Online Application System
1. You may save your work and return to it at any time by clicking the Save and Finish Later button at the bottom of the screen. You will receive an e-mail notification that you have saved a draft. You also have the option to e-mail others a draft of your work. The Foundation does not have access to your drafts.
2. You have an opportunity to preview your Initial Inquiry or Full Application before it is submitted to the Foundation. Once you select the Submit button at the bottom of the page, the document cannot be edited. You will receive an e-mail confirming your submission, including a copy of your Initial Inquiry or Full Application.
3. Navigate by using the Page Title tabs at the top of the screen or the Next button at the bottom of the page. Do not use the browser's back or forward keys.
4. An asterisk indicates that the field is required. The red check symbol to the right of text boxes indicates that a spell-check feature is available. The blue i button offers additional information.
5. For some fields, word count limits are shown at the bottom of the field. Do not feel that you need to use all the space available. Please present your proposal clearly and concisely.